If you have been thinking of listing your home for sale but have been on the fence because it is winter time you should think again. Right now is a great time to get your home on the market because inventory is super low. There are buyers out there looking and waiting for their perfect home to come on the market. Everyone has this false belief that they should wait until spring, but think about. Why wait for everyone else to put their home on the market when your home can easily get lost in the mix as the inventory always naturally grows in the springtime and buyers will have more homes to choose from. It is as simple as supply and demand. Here are three tips for you as your prepare to get your home listed for sale:
First: Call a Parkview Properties REALTOR
According to the National Association of Realtors Profile for Home Buyers and Sellers, 92% of home buyers use the internet to search for homes. We at Parkview Properties LLC know the importance of internet marketing and use it in conjunction with traditional marketing to get your home sold fast and at the best possible price.
We will create a customized marketing plan for your home so you can stand out among the competition.
Contact us today for a no obligation, free market analysis to see what your home is worth.
Second: Price your Home Realistically
Sales statistics show that properties that are initially priced too high eventually sell for less than properties that were correctly priced in the first place. Also, over-priced houses can take months or even years to sell, while properly priced houses usually sell much quicker. Ask us for a Comparative Market Analysis that shows what your house is worth. The average sales price in your area will likely be close to your home's true market value. Remember a property is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The best way to market your home is to price it correctly, 80% of the marketing is in the listing price.
Third: Follow the Basic Staging to Sell Rules
1. Clean. Your home should sparkle inside and out. Make sure everything from the floors to the windows are shining. The outside and lawn should be neat and tidy as well.
2. Fix it. Things like a cracked tile or a leaky faucet send the wrong message to potential buyers. Getting them fixed before your property goes on the market is a smart idea.
3. Eliminate Clutter. Clutter makes a home appear smaller and unorganized. Clear off counter tops, refrigerators, tables, and put some things in storage if necessary. This way buyers can see how much space there really is.
4. Go Neutral. Neutral colors sell homes because they convey the look of quality and buyers can see themselves living there. Certain styles and colors can turn potential buyers off if it is something that they dislike.
5. De-personalize. Remove items such as personal pictures and religious or political items. Buyers want to feel a connection with the home they will be purchasing and they can not identify with these items.